Friday, October 26, 2012

Oktoberfest Beauties

Munich, Germany

October 3, 2012


A big park with many tents and many options for those who don't drink beer. The site is a large park. There was no admission fee, but in order to get a table at one of the beer tents with a meal, I was told the reservations must be made more than a year in advance. Many organizations book tables like they would book luxury boxes for sports. I was on my own to explore the site and had a fine time. I really enjoyed the many different styles of liederhosen and dirndl.


Dirndl...



Liederhosen...




Those hearts are gingerbread cookies that friends, family and lovers give each other as decoration. I tried eating part of one. Not great. But really great gingerbread was for sale at the candy counters.

Those bags have really great nougat and gingerbread.





There were many heart-cookie vendors.

One of the beer tents. Really, a permanent structure.



























No comments:

Post a Comment