Saturday, January 2, 2010

Liquidation Sale

Labor Day, 2009, San Luis Obispo, CA



I used to run a small business that provided technical writing contract services to other businesses in Vancouver. So, I hate to see any venture fail. However, this one caught my attention with its creative question mark sign and the name, “amnesia.” Not sure what they were selling as we were on a tight schedule and didn’t walk in, but having been coached by well-meaning parents, who knew nothing about small business, I can imagine one possible conversation that might have happened before this place first opened.

“Now dear, your store sounds like it would be a fun place to shop and its business fits your personality, but the name seems troubling. I know, I promised not to interfere, but what do you think people are going to say to you when you ask them to lend money to a business called, amnesia?”


Found out long after I first posted this: one of the hottest bars in San Francisco is called Amnesia, so what the heck do I know? 

Copyright © 2009 David G. Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment